Jammu, 18 July:
- -A new initiative to revive water transport in Kashmir.
- -Jammu and Kashmir’s water transport authority has brought the first imported luxury boat.
- It will be played on Jhelum river.
- -This 30-seater ‘Bus Boat’ is currently undergoing trial runs in Jhelum river.
- -The trial is between Lasjan in outskirts of Srinagar and Chattabal Weir.
- Besides the ‘Bus Boat’, Sukhnag Enterprises, a marine equipment supplier firm, has also commissioned a 10-12 seater luxury pontoon boat and a 14-seater.
- The ‘Bus Boat’ and the rescue boat had been procured from New Zealand-based company named Mac while the luxury pontoon boat has been shipped from the United States, informed Imran Malik Director of Sukhnag Enterprises.
- “It is an initiative by the government of Jammu and Kashmir for revival of water transport. This boat has been made keeping in the mind the current needs of the people. The boast has air conditioning, music system and television. This is an optimum solution to decongest roads,” Malik told ANI.
The latest endeavor is part of Centre’s Swadesh Darshan scheme funded under the Prime Minister’s Development Programme (PMDP) aimed at integrated theme-based infrastructure development of tourist . (Input: Agencies)